Image Map

Monday, March 25, 2013

My Lie Revealed and a Little More About Me!

The time has arrived for me to come clean about my lie from last week!

1. I worked and saved my money in high school and bought a pink car my Senior year!

TRUE
Before I bought this car I did not like pink! After I had saved up enough money, I started looking around for a car....when I saw this I thought it was awesome! So I bought it! {And named it Pepto} Pink is now my favorite color. I even got the "Best Car" award in my Senior HS Yearbook. Haha.  It even had an intercom hooked up so I could talk to people outside! I loved this car so much, when it came time to sell it, I cried.
 {Just for the record, I bought it with that little dent on the back bumper....I did not get in an accident!}
 


2. My parents have a boat and my family LOVES to go boating! My brother, sister & I have even taught ourselves how to make a human pyramid while water skiing! 

FALSE 
This is actually partly true! My parents DO have a boat and we all LOVE to go boating....but it was actually MY DAD who taught himself {and a couple of his friends} how to make a human pyramid!
He's currently looking for a picture so I can post it on here! When he finds it I'll post it up here for you all....it's pretty sweet!
 

3. I got my wisdom teeth out in December 2005 and my chin is still numb from the surgery! 
TRUE
The oral surgeon touched my nerves during the surgery and told me it may never come back....It was 100% numb for about 6 months. Following another 6 months of the tingly-coming-UN-numb-feeling. It was not fun. It has slowly been coming back, now it's mostly my bottom lip and center of my chin, at least we're making progress! 
{Maybe in another 7 years it will be back to normal? Haha}

  
As for this week.....the topic is the "Noun Game"
 
PERSON:  
My amazing husband! We've almost been married for 3 years and I love him more everyday! He is my biggest supporter and is always celebrating milestones with me. He is currently going to grad school and works so hard! He's my best friend and I don't know what I'd ever do without him!



PLACE:
 My favorite place would have to be on a cruise ship! It is the best vacation hands down. They're usually pretty cheap, and includes all your food and entertainment {minus the shore excursions.} I went on a Mexican cruise with my family before I was married and for our honeymoon we went on a Caribbean cruise!
My Grandma & Grandpa are now in their 80's and have always wanted to go on a cruise...and have always wanted to go to Alaska! SO....my family decided that we're going on an Alaskan cruise WITH them in June! {It's all booked and everything!} We are stoked!!
 
THING:
 I'm going to cheat a little bit on this one and say 2 of my favorite things: Grapefruit & FRESH garden Tomatoes. {NOT together though!! Gross!} I really think I could live off of these two round things of goodness!
(Click pictures to go to their source)
Question: Do you eat your grapefruits with sugar, salt or plain?
My answer: Salt.  
Question: What about tomatoes?
My answer: The best way to eat a tomato is like an apple. Just bite into it! (With salt too!)
My mouth is starting to water...okay, onto the last one...
   
ANIMAL:  
Giraffe. Definitely Giraffe. 
I have one hanging on my mirror in my car, and a couple stuffed animals (one of which is a LARGE one from Costco...) In fact, My husband and I went to Arizona last year and I found out that at their zoo they let you FEED their GIRAFFES!!! If I lived in Arizona, I alone, would probably go enough to keep the zoo in business!  
After we got there we had to wait in line....amongst a bunch of little kids! I was more excited than all of them put together {SERIOUSLY!} I was also EXTREMELY nervous! It was one of the best days EVER! 
  {I recently heard that the zoo in Colorado Springs, I believe, allows you to PET their giraffes....next stop....Colorado!}
 

Thanks for stopping by!

Melissa
 

13 comments:

  1. I love pink too. I love the name of your car pepto. What a fun name. I can't believe your mouth was numb for that long. I would just die. I hate having it be numb for half the day. Let a lone what would feel like forever. I'm glad the feeling is coming back for you though.
    ☀Rikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Rikki! My chin has definitely not been a fun experience. I'm just grateful it is coming back. The surgeon told me there was a chance it never would....so glad I'm not in that percentage! Haha.

      Delete
  2. Have you heard of Giraffe Manor in Kenya? It is on my bucket list!

    If not, here is a link:
    http://www.tamimiea.com/giraffe-manor/index.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome!! I've never heard of it before. I showed my husband and told him we have to do it!! Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

      Delete
  3. Found your blog via the linky party and now am a new follower. You can feed the giraffes at the zoo in Racine, WI, which is only 30 minutes south of where I live. The giraffe area is also located right up against someone's backyard. Beyond amazing!

    Erin
    www.missandersonkinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously!?! I'll have to add Wisconsin to my list too! You'll have to let me know if those people every try to sell their house...I'd definitely look into it. Haha!

      Delete
  4. You and your hubby are so adorable, and I love that you named your car "Pepto". Those giraffes are beautiful!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed reading this post. Pink is my favorite color too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannon! You are so wonderful. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness...you two are so cute!!! I loved reading this post, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet. Thanks for stopping by Annie!

      Delete
  7. AWE! I am in GA but just over the line in Columbia is a zoo where you can feed the giraffes and I, like you, got there early, stood in line about to pee my pants from excitement, and fed those sweet amazing animals. It was FABULOUS! My kids were with me and thought it was "cool" but I think I took away the most from it. I have a lot of giraffe stuff too! They are just beautiful to watch....and even cooler to feed! So happy for you that you got to do it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment,
it always makes my day!!